Step by step instruction how install and configure the Remote Desktop Services on a Windows Server 2012 or 2016.
Step 6. Allow the log on through remote desktop Services.
1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor. To do that:
2. In Group Policy Editor navigate to: Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment.
3. At the right Pane: double click at Allow log on through Remote Desktop Services.
4. Click Add User or Group.
5. Click Object Types, check all the available objects (Users, Groups, & Built-in security principals) and then click OK.
6. Type remote desktop users and then click OK.
7. Finally click OK again and close Group Policy Editor.
8. Now you 're ready to connect to the Remote Desktop Session Host Server 2016/2012 from any Remote desktop client.