Step by step instruction how install and configure the Remote Desktop Services on a Windows Server 2012 or 2016.
Step 5. Add RD Clients (Users) to the Remote Desktop Users Group.
1. Open Server Manager.
2. From Tools menu, select Active Directory Users and Computers. *
* Note: If the RD Session Host Service is not installed on the Domain Controller, use the 'Local Users and Groups' snap-in or the 'Remote' tab in the 'System Properties' on the RDS host server, to add the remote desktop users.
3. Double click at your domain on the left and then select Builtin.
4. Open Remote Desktop Users on the right pane.
5. At Members tab, click Add.
6. Type the name(s) of the users that you want to give Remote access to the RDS Server and click OK.
7. After selecting the remote desktop users, click OK again to close the window.
8. Continue to step-6 below.