Step by step instruction how install and configure the Remote Desktop Services on a Windows Server 2012 or 2016.
If the terminal service are installed on Domain Controller first install Active Directory Domain Service role and promote the Server to a Domain Controller, before installing the Remote Desktop Sessin Host role service.
Step 1. Install Remote Desktop Licensing and Remote Desktop Session Host role services
1. Open 'Server Manager' and click on Add Roles and Features.
2. At the first screen of 'Add Roles and Features wizard' leave the Role-based or feature-based installation option and click Next.
3. At the next screen, leave the default option "Select server from the server pool" and click Next.
4. Select the Remote Desktop Services and click Next.
5. Leave the default settings and click Next at Features and Remote Desktop Services screens.
6. At Role Services screen, select the Remote Desktop Licensing role service and then click Add Features.
7. Then select the Remote Desktop Session Host role service and click Add Features again.
8. When done, click Next to continue.
9. Finally click Install to install the Remote Desktop Services: Remote Desktop Licensing and Remote Desktop Session Host.
10. When the installation is completed close the 'Add Roles and Features Wizard' and restart your server.