The document translated automatically
Drupal is a CMS system, used to easily manage site content. Like its competition is easy to use and install, and has an easy to implement so-called. "skins", or templates with graphics. The feature that distinguishes it clearly from the competition is the support for MySQL and PostgreSQL, because most CMS'ów only supports MySQL. Drupal is developed under GNU license, is therefore 100% free, and jeg source code is open.
To properly run on the server Drupal requires:
- Apache 1.3 (or higher)
- PHP 4.3.5 (recommended PHP version 5.2 or later)
- MySQL 4.1 (or higher) or PostgreSQL 7.4 (or higher)
- About 4 MB of disk storage
The first version of Drupal was released already in January 2001. It has created two students, Dries Buytaert and Hans Snijder, for the purposes of communication between each other. After graduation, the script received from the creators of its current name and was published online (initially was on an internal server university).
Drupal is designed to manage the content of websites and web pages. With a large number of modules and accessories, you can expand it to meet more sophisticated whims of administrators. With the ease of installation and management cope with it all, even the novice webmaster.
Basic installation of Drupal contains a kernel and a few standard extras that will facilitate the work. Additionally, you can extend the capabilities of such .:
- TinyMCE module that allows text input without knowledge of coding (HTML WYSIWYG editor)
- Upload module and scaling (resizing) images
- Advanced display articles and images (by date, category, blog, list, table.)
- Assessing articles